uae transit visa guide
- Author- Ahona
- Publish Date-
A luxurious vacation to the UAE is on the wish list of every traveler around the world. Mesmerizing the world with its posh locations, humongous malls, and impressive beaches, the country is one of the few ones that is worth exploring at least once in a lifetime.
From the beautiful Palm Islands to the spectacular Miracle Gardens, experience the best places in the country by availing an UAE visa. If you are in a layover, or just want to spend a few hours in the country you can look into this UAE transit visa guide. We will talk about the transit visas, and how could you get one with us.
DO I NEED A TRANSIT VISA FOR DUBAI?
Not everyone needs to avail an emirates transit visa to transit through the country. You would need one if:
- You are not visa exempt to the country nor do you enjoy the visa on arrival facility.
- Your onward flight is to take off in the next 48 or 96 hours.
You should know that, if you are a citizen of Afghanistan, Somalia, Niger, Iraq, and Yemen cannot apply for a transit visa to this country.
READ ALSO: Etihad UAE Transit Visa
WHO IS EXEMPT FROM VISAS?
The nationals of the following country enjoy freedom of movement to the country. They are collectively called as the GCC countries that consists the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
The citizens of Mexico can also stay in the country for a maximum period of 180 days without a visa.
Additionally, there are several countries whose residents can visit the country for a period fo 90 days within the 180 days period without availing an emirates visa.
· EU countries (Except UK and Ireland)
· Saint Vincent and Grenadines
Apart from these countries, the citizens of the following countries also do not need to apply for UAE visa. They can stay in the country for a period of 90 days:
· Solomon Islands
Also, the following country’s citizens can enter the country for a period of 30 days only:
WHO GETS THE VISA ON ARRIVAL FACILITY?
The following nation’s citizens can enter the country without filling in the emirates visa application. They can just receive the same at the airport.
· Costa Rica
· El Salvador
· Hong Kong
· Vatican City
· New Zealand
· San Marino
· South Korea
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR TRANSIT VISA
When you want to apply for a Dubai transit visa, you will have to submit certain documents which are:
- Your passport should have a validity of at least three months or more.
- Passport size photographs. The photographs should be clicked against a white background.
- Confirmed onward flight ticket to your destination country.
- Proof of accommodation in the country.
DURATION OF TRANSIT VISAS
Transit Dubai visa are granted for a period of 48 and 96 hours respectively. You can avail any one of them according to your choice. You should know that your 48 hours transit visa cannot be extended to 96 hours, once it has been issued.
The 48 hours transit visa allows the passengers to stay in the country for a maximum period of 48 hours and not more. This cannot be renewed or extended; this basically means that you will have to leave the country after48 hours.
This lets you stay in the country for a period of 96 hours. You can explore the city a bit during this time frame. Although, 96 hours is not enough to explore the entire city, you can still visit some of the famous places. This visa is also not extendable or renewable. You will have to leave the country after 96 hours. So if you are looking for a short trip to this country, this may be the perfect choice of visa for you.
HOW TO APPLY?
We provide transit visas at a cheap and convenient way. The steps to transit UAE visa online are simple. You just need to follow these steps:
- STEP 1
Open the website and enter your citizenship and the country you are currently living in, and proceed. From the options on the screen, choose the transit visa that fits you according to your plan, and proceed.
- STEP 2
Fill the application that opens right in front of you. Fill up all the details that are being asked and proceed to the documentation section. Upload all the necessary documents that are being asked. Make sure not to provide any false documents, as all of them will be checked. Any false information will soon be pointed out and your application will get rejected.
- STEP 3
After you are done with the application procedure, you will have to make the payment for it. Choose an online payment method from the options, make your payment and you are done with the process. After the process gets completed, make sure to note down the application ID for further use.
HOW TO TRACK THE STATUS?
It is really easy to check the UAE visa status online. Just follow these steps:
- Open the website and click on the track visa status option that you will get on the top right corner of your computer screen.
- Enter your application ID, and you will be able to view the status within a few seconds.
- You can also download your visa from thereon if it has been approved. If not, then you just have to wait for a few more days.
WHAT IS THE TRANSIT VISA FEE AND PROCESSING TIME?
|48 HOURS||USD 50||2-3 DAYS|
|96 HOURS||USD 110||2-3 DAYS|
READ ALSO: Cost of Living in Abu Dhabi
THINGS TO DO WITH A TRANSIT VISA
- If you have a less than 8 hours layover, it is advised to stay in the airport. You will get to experience so much at this airport, as the Dubai international airport is considered one of the best in the world.
- To have some fun, you can visit the irish village, and enjoy a pint of beer.
- You can also visit the souk market if you have a few more hours to spare. You can combine this with a short visit to the Dubai creek.
- If you have a few more hours in your hands, you can visit the Dubai mall too. Also, you can visit the Burj Khalifa at the top.
Now that you know about the extremely easy application process with the help of this UAE transit visa guide, you can now fly to your destination as well enjoy this beautiful country on your way.