what are the rules and regualtions followed at the uae airport
- Author- Vijaya
- Publish Date-
Today due to the huge amount of tourism and migration, the airports of UAE have become some of the busiest airports in the world. To regulate the traffic and make sure that the visitors do not face any inconvenience, the United Arab Emirates authorities work tirelessly. But fellow passengers also must do their bit and cooperate with the Airport authorities. Also, it is essential for passengers to be well aware of the rules and regulations at UAE airport so that they don't face any trouble during their time at the airport. To avail a visa to any of the Emirates, Etihad UAE Visa is perhaps the best service provider you can approach. Get an Emirates visa right away and embark on this adventurous and wonderful journey.
In this article, we will look at the points you should be aware of and the way you should conduct yourself at any of the UAE airports. Read further to check if you knew about all the rules.
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AT UAE AIRPORT
The passengers need to be aware of the rules that apply to the luggage they carry, lack of information can result in trouble:
- Aligned to the regulations of most airports, the UAE Airports also allow a maximum luggage weight of 32 kg or 72.06 pounds for checked baggage. In case you are carrying heavier luggage, you might be asked to repack it at the airport only.
- The members of staff serving will ask you some safety questions, you need to answer them to the best of your knowledge and only then your baggage will be accepted at the check-in.
- Your luggage should not be carrying any of the prohibited substances (mentioned below).
During your departure, you will have to attend the initial Check-In. Act as per the following guidelines:
- Do not carry the baggage of any other passenger.
- Make sure that you are not carrying any of the prohibited items(mentioned below)
- You cannot carry any wrapped object, such as a gift if you are unfamiliar with the content inside it.
- Your checked baggage will be further screened by the Airport Authorities.
After the initial check-in, you will need to pass through further security checks. To pass through the security checks effortlessly, follow these guidelines:
- If you are carrying liquids or gels, then makes sure that they are stored in containers of 100 ml or less, and all the containers must fit into a single 1 Liter resealable plastic bag. If these requirements are not met, the liquids or gels can be seized.
- You can only carry medicines prescribed by a recognized institute or professional.
- If you are carrying prescribed medicine, ensure they are in its original packaging and containers, and the prescription must be carried along with the medicines.
- You may be asked to put your gadget (laptops, mobile, etc) through a scanner.
- You must place all the metallic objects(keys, belt with metal hook, etc) on a tray before going through the scanner, so make sure you can access these items easily when required.
- Passengers relying on walking aids or pushchairs will need to provide them for X-Ray screening. Once the screening is complete, the items will be returned to the passengers.
No regular passenger is allowed to carry any of the following items:
- Knives, cutting tools- Any sort of sharp object or cutting tool with a blade longer than 6cm.
- Explosives/Flammable Liquids- Any item that can result in or encourage explosion or fire.
- Dummy Weapons- Items resembling deadly weapons or even toy weapons.
- Electronic Stunning/Shocking Device
READ ALSO: IS UAE A SAFE COUNTRY?
Carrying the Required documents
A passport is a common requirement for all tourists. Visa requirements differ for nationals of different countries. So make sure to know whether your country is eligible for visa-free access to UAE or not before you plan your trip to UAE:
- The residents of Gulf Cooperation Council countries do not require a visa to enter UAE.
- Residents of some countries can access a visit visa, free of charge, at the airport only. Consult the embassy to know whether your country is eligible for the service or not.
- The residents from countries other than the mentioned above will need to apply for a visa before they arrive in the country.
Applying for Visa
Residents from the majority of nations require a visa to enter the UAE, if you are also one of them then apply for a UAE Visa at Etihad UAE Visa.
The rules and regulations at UAE airport have been framed keeping in mind the convenience and safety of passengers, all that passengers need to do is act cooperatively. Just keep the facts mentioned above in mind while at the airport and you will pass through the airport effortlessly.