domestic helper in uae
- Author- Rose Mary
- Publish Date-
The United Arab Emirates has seven emirates and is located in the southeast end of Pennsylvania. It is between Oman and Saudi Arabia.Emirates like Abu Dhabi, Ras al Khaimah, Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Umm al Quwain, and Fujairah. If you have been wondering how to get a domestic helper in UAE or if you are looking for a job then you can now get through the process just by reading the article as given by Etihad UAE Visa.
Burj Khalifa is known to be the tallest building in the world it has 163 floors and It has a package of so many things: dessert, beaches, mountains. The United Arab Emirates has two large cities Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it is famous for its luxuriousness and richness, tourists come from far away places to see the beauty of UAE.
There are many things you can explore at a time, shopping malls which are filled with unique things and delicious food with secret recipes. This is a place where you have something to do at every end. It is famous for its nightlife which you can experience in UAE, the culture of UAE has its own essence, the tradition people follow there and their lifestyle has its own uniqueness.
READ ALSO: Etihad UAE Visa types
Types of Visa
Business Visa:- A business visa is especially for business works, an individual can obtain a long term visa for them and their colleagues.
Tourist Visa:- this is often mainly for those that are going for private purposes, it can be issued for 30 days or 90 days, it also can be extended for 30 days twice.
Transit Visa:- UAE issues two sorts of Visas one for 48 hours and another one is for 96 hours. It's sponsored by UAE itself and none of them are often extended.
Student Visa:- Students who are above 18 and need to review in UAE.
Retirement Visa for UAE residents:- people that are retired and over the age of 55 can get a Visa for five years.
READ ALSO: Etihad UAE Visa Policy
Domestic Help Visa in UAE
People who are looking for jobs and want to help as a Housemaid, watchman or security guard, private teacher, babysitter, and cook, etc. There is a different process that is being followed by UAE procedures.
Legal aspects of Domestic Workers
- The employer should be above 18
- There should not be any discrimination among caste, color, religion, and gender.
- Any type of Harassment whether it is verbal or sexually
- No task should be conducted forcefully.
READ ALSO: 90 days Etihad UAE Visa
- The domestic workers are allowed to stay in the county for 60 days as per the permit
- If the days exceed the days of stay they will be charging a fine for that.
- They are allowed to take the normal visa that is for 30 days and 90 days.
Rights of the Domestic Workers
- Every week there will be a 1-day rest for the helper
- The salary will be given on the basis of the contract that has been decided within 10 days.
- 30 days of vacation per year and it will be paid
- 30 days of medical leave every year
- An accommodation that is good enough to stay
- A meal for the whole day from the expenses of the employer
READ ALSO: List of 10 budget hotels in UAE
Rules and regulations for the families
If you are planning to have a helper for your house these are some rules according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emigration:-
- Families or individuals who have a monthly income of 25,000 AED from the legal sources and are known to them.
- Whosoever is sponsoring the domestic helper will be allowed on the basis of the UAE cabinet.
- Citizens who hold senior designations like consultants of various specialties, judges, and legal counselors.
- If any other cases defined by the competent minister consistent with the labor regulations.
Domestic worker wage in UAE
There are different wages paid on the basis of what the Human Resources of Emirates decides, usually a domestic helper's average pay is AED 1,830 per month.
It also depends upon the experience how much the helper has the experience for if you have experience for 3 years you can also earn up to AED1,492 monthly basis If you have experience for more than five years you can earn up to AED 1922 on monthly basis.
Q. How much does it cost to sponsor a maid?
If you are sponsoring your maid, you have to apply for the UAE visa for residence and will cost you around Dh5,000 and Dh5,500 yearly and it is a nonrefundable fee.
Q. How much is the UAE visa cost for employment?
It will cost you around 7000AED.
Q. How many hours does a maid work?
Domestic workers should not work more than 12 hours and they should get to rest for at least 8 hours which also includes the 8 hours of consecutive rest.
These are the information that would be good to know before knowing about the Domestic helper in UAE.